Saturday 13 October 2012

Marquetry

Marquetry

I was introduced to Marquetry, in 1954 in England after receiving a hobby veneer kit as a Christmas present. From that time until now, Marquetry, or inlay as it is referred to by many people, has been my hobby; some would say my second career. This "hobby" has taken on a life of its own introducing me to the many highly talented craftsman and all aspects of fine furniture making.Like any hobby it is necessary to be challenged, to this end I have tackled restoration projects that furniture refinishers were afraid to touch, many examples of which you can see in the gallery.My other Career has been as the President of a Manufacturing company designing automated equipment. Marquetry

Marquetry

Marquetry

Marquetry

Marquetry

Marquetry

Marquetry

Marquetry

Marquetry

Marquetry

Marquetry

5 comments:

  1. Please specify the source of your pictures as they are produce of skill and efforts and we, the makers deserve to have our name associated to our work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sir pls indicate your source I will include it with it, actually i have little literacy therefore, I m sorry. I hope you will accept my sorry. Actually these pics are very good i like it

      Delete
  2. I made the octagon marquetry table shown here with the butterfly in the center and the bone flower inlay. Please credit me when you use my work. My blog is http://www.WPatrickEdwards.blogspot.com

    Thank you for your consideration. My business partner is Patrice Lejeune, who also is a master at marquetry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good articles, Have you heard of LFDS (Le_Meridian Funding Service, Email: lfdsloans@outlook.com --WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740--lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) is as USA/UK funding service they grant me loan of $95,000.00 to launch my business and I have been paying them annually for two years now and I still have 2 years left although I enjoy working with them because they are genuine Loan lender who can give you any kind of loan.

    ReplyDelete